Journey through the snowcapped peaks of the Austrian Alps on this grand tour of Vienna’s Schönbrunn Palace, Salzburg’s 500-year-old Christmas Market and Munich’s six-story tall Christmas tree. Warm up with a mug or two of Glühwein at the Innsbruck Christmas Market before indulging in an exclusive Insight Choice, taking a horse and carriage ride through the romantic streets of the Old Town or a tour of the world of Swarovski Crystal. At the Salzburg Market Tasting experience, meet with a local market stallholder for an exclusive sampling of gingerbread, washed down with a glass of mulled wine. In Neuschwanstein, follow in Walt Disney’s footsteps on a tour of the fairytale-like castle that reputedly inspired him, complete with extravagant decorations and breathtaking views.
8D Christmas Markets of Austria and Bavaria
fromUS$1,868 per person
- Experience the wonderment of the Christmas Markets of each city, some of the oldest in Europe. Shop for local delicacies and drink the heartwarming Glühwein. Keep an eye out for the Nuremberg Plum People and marvel at the Lepizig Christmas Pyramid.
- Vienna: A private, guided exploration of Schönbrunn Palace will have all your senses tingling. Stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a child prodigy.
- Vienna: Walk through the first district, Inner Stadt, as your Local Expert reveals why this is the historic core of the city. You will also tour the Ring Road to see the Hofburg Imperial Residence, Opera House, Parliament Building and Karlskirche.
- Salzburg: With a Local Expert, see Mozart's family home and the 500-year-old Christmas Market in front of the cathedral. You'll also view the Hohensalzburg fortress and see Residenz Fountain when you spend some time in the Old Town.
- Innsbruck: Nestled amidst majestic mountains, Innsbruck is a beautiful city offering a unique combination of nature, history, and culture. Stroll the streets of the picturesque Old Town, with your Travel Director, learn about its history and admire the Baroque and Gothic architecture.
- Innsbruck: Meet your coachman and enjoy a delightful horse-drawn carriage ride, surrounded by the mountains and valleys of Tyrol.
- Innsbruck: Visit the magical Swarovski Crystal Worlds. This attraction features installations by international artists, designers and architects who have interpreted the crystals in their own ways.
- Neuschwanstein Castle: Visit the archetypal fairy-tale castle that allegedly inspired many of Walt Disney's castles. Led by a local historian, walk through the magnificent halls, take in the lavish decoration and enjoy spectacular views.
- Oberammergau: Explore the town and see the theatre where the Passion Play has been performed since 1634.
- Munich: During your orientation of the city with your Travel Director, see Feldherrnhalle in the Odeonsplatz, the Palace of the Dukes of Wittelsbach, the English Garden, the Hofbräuhaus, St. Peter's Church and the famous Marienplatz.
Travel Period: November 2022/23 – December 2022/23 (Fixed departures). Prices are quoted in USD based on per person, twin sharing basis. Peak season surcharge applies for selected dates. Price excludes gratuities and other personal expenses. Gratuities are recommended. Prices are correct at time of print and subject to change without prior notice. Tours are subject to availability and confirmation. All travellers are responsible for obtaining the appropriate visa, vaccinations and health certificates. All travellers are also responsible for ensuring that their passport is valid for at least six months at point of entry into travel destination.