A journey that will make you believe in holiday magic all over again.
Once upon a time, people gathered on cobblestone squares to buy the special tools and ingredients they needed to make the treats of the season. They kept warm with hot spiced wine, music and games while they shopped and chatted with the local tradesmen. Those were the first Christmas markets, 500 years ago. Today, though the light comes from twinkling electric bulbs rather than torches, bonhomie and fun still prevail.
Discover villages with fairytale houses and a friendly, festive atmosphere. Share traditional holiday goodies with the people who made them. Watch as modern children abandon their usual electronics and discover the enchantment of hand-carved wooden toys, as scents of cinnamon and roasting nuts fill the air. Sail through Christmas country, trying Frankfurt’s famous apple cider and Nuremberg’s gingerbread. Throughout, cozy up to steaming mugs of glühwein (warm spiced wine) and do as the locals do by collecting different mugs from each stall and town you visit. Embrace the holiday spirit in Germany, the land where many Christmas traditions began, and find the magic of the season in the smiles that you meet along the way.
8D Classic Christmas Markets
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the regal River Queen
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 dinners
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Taste of Christmas” and “Village Day” programs
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all shore excursions
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- 1 country: Germany
- 2 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Exclusive Generations Family Program on a select December departure
Nuremberg to Frankfurt | Departure dates 2021/2022/2023: December 08, 22
Frankfurt to Nuremberg, | Departure dates 2021/2022/2023: December 01*, 15*
Nuremberg to Frankfurt | Departure dates 2023: December 23
Frankfurt to Nuremberg, | Departure dates 2023: December 02*
[*] Sailing from Frankfurt to Nuremberg.
The itineraries presented are subject to modification due to water levels, closures because of public holidays or other uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary throughout the cruise. This day-to-day schedule is subject to change. Your final day-to-day schedule will be provided onboard on the first day of your cruise.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Travel Period: Please contact us for further details. All fares are per guest in US Dollars based on double occupancy unless otherwise noted. Prices exclude additional port charges of $200 per person and other personal expenses. Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice.
Availability of all stateroom categories cannot be guaranteed. Single Supplement applies for single accommodation.
Itineraries, hotels, and vessels may change, and substitute visits to other sites may occur during your trip due to water level fluctuations and other uncontrollable factors.
The order of sightseeing and docking ports are subject to change according to port authority assignments.
All travellers are responsible for obtaining the appropriate visa, vaccinations, and health certificates. All travellers are also responsible for ensuring that their passport is valid for at least six months at point of entry into travel destination.