All the Best of Switzerland with a side visit to Italy. What could be better? Your travels will take you to Lake Geneva for local wine, cheese and delicious desserts in Lavaux, Lord Byron’s enchanting Chillon Castle and the pretty town of Brienz for a masterclass in Swiss wood carving.
9D Best of Switzerland
fromUS$2,995 per person
- Zürich: During an orientation, your Travel Director will show you some of the highlights of this beautiful lakeside city.
- Bern: Explore Switzerland's capital and see the Cathedral of St. Vincent, clock tower and Ogre Fountain.
- Chillon Castle: The beautiful fortress of Chillon Castle, set on a rocky islet on Lake Geneva, is widely regarded as one of the best-preserved medieval castles in Europe. Following his walk through the dungeons in 1816, Lord Byron wrote the poem 'The Prisoner of Chillon'. Look out for his name, which he carved into a pillar.
- Bernina Express: Board the famous Bernina Express train and travel through stunning landscapes en route to St. Moritz.
- Lucerne: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the Lion Monument, Old Town Hall and Chapel Bridge, the oldest wooden covered bridge in Europe.
- Discover Zürich and Lucerne
- Visit Bern, Chillon Castle, Montreux, Zermatt, St. Moritz, Interlaken and Brienz
- View the Chapel Bridge and Lion Monument in Lucerne, the Jungfrau and Matterhorn mountains (weather permitting), Lake Maggiore and Lake Como
- Scenic Train Ride from Tirano to Pontresina
Itinerary may differ depending on the season
Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Travel Period: April - September 2023 & March - September 2024. (Fixed departures). Prices are quoted in USD based on per person, twin sharing basis. Peak season surcharge applies for selected dates. Price excludes gratuities and other personal expenses. Gratuities are recommended. Prices are correct at time of print and subject to change without prior notice. Tours are subject to availability and confirmation. All travellers are responsible for obtaining the appropriate visa, vaccinations and health certificates. All travellers are also responsible for ensuring that their passport is valid for at least six months at point of entry into travel destination.