Experience the winter wonderlands of Europe like never before with stunning views of Lake Lucerne from the peak of Mt Pilatus and all immersive tours of Munich, and Salzburg. An Insight Choice experience in Innsbruck lets you choose between a horse drawn carriage ride through the Alpine scenery or a visit to the world of Swarovski Crystal. The Austrian adventure continues with an exclusive Salzburg market tasting experience, where a locals serve goblets of Glühwein and fresh from the oven Lebkuchen—fragrant with ginger and cocoa. Across the border in Germany, Rothenburg alongside the River Tauber serves up lashings of 16th century charm and in Munich, foaming steins of beer beckon at the city's famous beer halls.
9D Winter Wonderland
fromUS$2,156 per person
- Mainz: Witness half-timbered houses and Baroque buildings surrounding the magnificent Dom Cathedral.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: Fortified by ancient walls, picturesque and unspoiled, Rothenburg ob der Tauber is a fairytale come true at any time of year. It dazzles in December, with its 500-year-old Reiterlesmarkt lending a festive air to the cobbled streets and medieval buildings.
- Munich: During your orientation of the city with your Travel Director, see Feldherrnhalle in the Odeonsplatz, the Palace of the Dukes of Wittelsbach, the English Garden, the Hofbräuhaus, St. Peter's Church and the famous Marienplatz.
- Salzburg: With a Local Expert, see Mozart's family home and the 500-year-old Christmas Market in front of the cathedral. You'll also view the Hohensalzburg fortress and see Residenz Fountain when you spend some time in the Old Town.
- Innsbruck: Nestled amidst majestic mountains, Innsbruck is a beautiful city offering a unique combination of nature, history, and culture. Stroll the streets of the picturesque Old Town, with your Travel Director, learn about its history and admire the Baroque and Gothic architecture.
- Innsbruck: Meet your coachman and enjoy a delightful horse-drawn carriage ride, surrounded by the mountains and valleys of Tyrol.
- Innsbruck: Visit the magical Swarovski Crystal Worlds. This attraction features installations by international artists, designers and architects who have interpreted the crystals in their own ways.
- Vaduz: Admire the Royal family's residence, Vaduz Castle, which overlooks the capital and is surrounded by year-round snow peaked mountains.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- Mount Pilatus: Enjoy a spectacular journey to the summit of Mount Pilatus to witness a panorama of snow-capped peaks as you take in the pristine mountain air.
- Rhine Falls: Visit these spectacular falls.
- Heidelberg: Explore one of Germany's most enchanting cities during your orientation with your Travel Director.
Travel Period: November 2022/23 – December 2022/23 (Fixed departures). Prices are quoted in USD based on per person, twin sharing basis. Peak season surcharge applies for selected dates. Price excludes gratuities and other personal expenses. Gratuities are recommended. Prices are correct at time of print and subject to change without prior notice. Tours are subject to availability and confirmation. All travellers are responsible for obtaining the appropriate visa, vaccinations and health certificates. All travellers are also responsible for ensuring that their passport is valid for at least six months at point of entry into travel destination.