Take a once in a lifetime trip across Switzerland, dipping fresh fruit in Swiss chocolate fondue in Geneva, breathing in the Alpine air of Zermatt and relaxing in luxury—at lakeside Lucerne. In the shadow of the mighty Mount Matterhorn, the car free ski resort of Zermatt is a wonder to behold, bettered only by the chic fashionista surrounds of St. Moritz in the Grison Alps. In Lucerne, explore nearby Stanserhorn with the Insight Choice between meeting a Swiss Ranger to learn about the local flora and fauna, or take a stroll through the magnificent surrounds of Marmott Park. A Celebration Dinner in Lucerne at the foot of Mount Stanserhorn offers glorious views over Lake Lucerne from restaurant Seeblick and draws the sojourn across Switzerland to a close.
8D Glorious of Switzerland
fromUS$2,716 per person
- Geneva: During your orientation, your Travel Director will show you the Jet d'Eau and Floral Clock.
- Montreux: At the foot of the Alps this town boasts one of the most beautiful walks along Lake Geneva, join your Travel Director for an orientation before there is free time to explore.
- Zermatt: Ride the shuttle trains of the Matterhorn Gotthard Railway up to the traffic-free Alpine resort. Should weather permit, you may even see the majestic peak of the Matterhorn.
- Zermatt: Your Travel Director will lead you on an orientation of this picturesque village, high in the mountains.
- Baveno: During your orientation with your Travel Director see the cobbled streets and 16th century square.
- St Moritz: During your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- Glacier Express: Travel along the route of the world-famous Glacier Express, through looping tunnels and dizzying viaducts, in the scenic heart of the Swiss Alps, on a regional train fully powered by hydroelectricity.
- Vaduz: Admire the Royal family's residence, Vaduz Castle, which overlooks the capital and is surrounded by year-round snow peaked mountains.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- Stanserhorn: Walk along beautiful scenic pathways at the summit of Mount Stanserhorn for a chance to see native animals like marmots.
- Stanserhorn: Journey to the top of Mount Stanserhorn on a panoramic, open-top cable car powered by solar energy, and enjoy spectacular views from the summit.
Travel Period: April 2023/24 – September 2023/24 (Fixed departures). Prices are quoted in USD based on per person, twin sharing basis. Peak season surcharge applies for selected dates. Price excludes gratuities and other personal expenses. Gratuities are recommended. Prices are correct at time of print and subject to change without prior notice. Tours are subject to availability and confirmation. All travellers are responsible for obtaining the appropriate visa, vaccinations and health certificates. All travellers are also responsible for ensuring that their passport is valid for at least six months at point of entry into travel destination.