Germany → Austria → France → Switzerland
There is nothing quite like Christmas among the Alps with the festive Munich Christmas Market, Salzburg’s snowcapped spires and an indulgent cup of Glühwein in Innsbruck. Your Local Expert brings Mozart’s history to life ahead of an indulgent Salzburg market tasting, with samples of traditional, hand baked gingerbread. After tasting these festive treats, the culinary delights continue with a traditional Innsbruck dining experience, set against the backdrop of a local Tyrolean folk show. If that is not enough to summon your holiday spirit, a stroll through the medieval cobbled streets of Freiburg will certainly do the trick, not to mention the fairytale surrounds of Strasbourg, where the sweet scent of cinnamon treats is carried on the breeze at the oldest Christmas market in France.
9D Alpine Christmas Markets
fromUS$2,625 per person
- Munich: During your orientation of the city with your Travel Director, see Feldherrnhalle in the Odeonsplatz, the Palace of the Dukes of Wittelsbach, the English Garden, the Hofbräuhaus, St. Peter's Church and the famous Marienplatz.
- Salzburg: With a Local Expert, see Mozart's family home and the 500-year-old Christmas Market in front of the cathedral. You'll also view the Hohensalzburg fortress and see Residenz Fountain when you spend some time in the Old Town.
- Innsbruck: Meet your coachman and enjoy a delightful horse-drawn carriage ride, surrounded by the mountains and valleys of Tyrol.
- Lorrach: Explore the town located on the borders of Germany, France and Switzerland and see the ruins of Rotteln Castle.
- Lindau: Your Travel Director takes you to the Harbour and Old City Hall. Walk the medieval streets of this island-town and browse the shops on Maximillium Strasse.
- Freiburg im Breisgau: Enjoy a romantic walk through the medieval cobbled streets of Freiburg and soak in the magic of its Christmas Markets. See the medieval Münster and spend time in the historic old quarter.
- Strasbourg: Exploring the Christmas Markets is like stepping directly into a fairytale, where glittering lights and the scent of cinnamon enchant your senses. Here you visit France's oldest Christmas Markets, set in front of the Cathedral. Spend time in the atmospheric neighbourhood of La Petite France.
- Zürich: Attend Europe's biggest indoor Christmas Market with its magnificent Swarovski crystal-decorated Christmas tree.
- Munich: Join your Travel Director for a warm and friendly Welcome Dinner, an opportunity to get to know each other over a meal with wine.
- Salzburg: At the Christmas Market, meet a local stallholder and taste the delicious gingerbread with a fragrant cup of Glühwein.
- Innsbruck: At a local restaurant, join your newfound friends for Highlight Dinner.
- Black Forest: Indulge in a delightful dinner of local German specialties, accompanied by wine.
- Zürich: The Swiss just love good food and wine, a decorative, well-laden table, and a touch of Grossmünster - all of which you will find at your warm Celebration Dinner.
Definite departure :
20 November - 28 Novermber 2023
Travel Period: Nov – Dec 2023/24 (Fixed departures). Prices are quoted in USD based on per person, twin sharing basis. Peak season surcharge applies for selected dates. Price excludes gratuities and other personal expenses. Gratuities are recommended. Prices are correct at time of print and subject to change without prior notice. Tours are subject to availability and confirmation. All travellers are responsible for obtaining the appropriate visa, vaccinations and health certificates. All travellers are also responsible for ensuring that their passport is valid for at least six months at point of entry into travel destination.